Thursday, October 18, 2007

"The Gathering"

By the title, you might think this would be about Duncan McLeod, of the Clan McLeod on the TV show HIGHLANDER. Well, it ain't.

We all have a rather long winter to look forward to. And while some of y'all are snowmobilers, ice fishermen, skiers and other cold-weather nuts, it will still be a long time before we all come together again. But does it have to be that way?

Here's what I'm thinking - I'm thinking that we should arrange a gathering once in awhile over the winter months. Nothing outlandish. Nothing formal. Just getting together at a certain time and place, to shoot the bull, make plans for next season, and just socialize in general.

Of course, there are just too darned many of us, separated by a lotta miles, for us to all get together in a lump. But there is no reason why the folks in one local area cannot get together at one place, while the folks in another area gather elsewhere.

So I guess I am suggesting that, if you are interested, that you contact others in your area and arrange a gathering. Maybe around Christmas, and maybe again in February.

I realize that you may not have contact info for others in your area, but therein lies the beauty of the Internet. If you would like to arrange a gathering in your area, just let me know. I will create a page where all of you can go and get in touch. For example, let's Say John Doe would like to arrange a gathering in the Biddeford area around Christmas. I could post his contact info on that page, and anyone else in that area could contact him, and a gathering could be put together.

So, if you would like to organize a get-together with others of our kind, just let me know, and we will see if we can make it happen. If anyone contacts me to get on that contact page with info on a gathering they want to put together, I will post the page on HotKarz.com. Note that we have already had nearly 2300 visits in the short 4 weeks we have had this site up. We're growing, and reaching car buffs. So make the most of it. Remember, this is your website.

BJ

No comments: