Thursday, October 11, 2007

Withdrawal Symptoms

Man, what a BOR-ING week. All summer long we took in either a cruise or a show almost every day. All of a sudden, ZILCH. Shows on weekends, sure, but Monday-Friday is suddenly empty.

I realize I need to adjust for the next few months, and I will, to be sure. But it's like quitting the morning Cup o' Joe - there are withdrawl pains.

Normally, I would simply go out and work around the place to while away the hours. But to make matters worse, all we have had lately is rain. Lord, it's almost enough to make me want to go back to working for a living.

Well, not really.

Day after tomorrow is the show at Shaw's Ridge. We'll be there, fer sure! And shows on Sunday, too (take your pick). But all too soon, even the shows will be over. And you know what that means?

It means the little woman is gonna have me clean the workshop, put away all the outdoor tools, put the gardens to bed, cover the motorhome, and start stringing the Xmas lights (why wait until it's so cold out you freeze your digits?)

Perhaps this winter I will finally write that next book I have been meaning to write for the last two winters. Then again, maybe I'll just grab the Geritol, a bowl of hot oatmeal and sit back and watch reruns of Gunsmoke!

No comments: