Thursday, June 25, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For

Yesterday I wrote that I really wanted to see some sun.

Today, the sun beamed brightly.

So, early this morning my loving wife woke me to tell me we finally had a dry day, so I needed to get up and start cutting and splitting the rest of the wood.

Okay.

That done, I decided to lie down on the couch for a brief nap - but the wife had a different idea. Since it might be a long time before we got more good weather, she thought I should take this opportunity to trim and mow the lawns.

Okay.

That task finished, I renewed my efforts for a nap, but Robin reminded me that the weeds were overtaking the gardens....

Okay.

Oh, and don't forget to take the pups for a walk out back (it's 2/3 mile) because they have not been exercised since the LAST dry day.

Okay.

Now the day is nearly done. Too tired to take a nap. Gotta unwind, first - and by that time it will be bedtime, anyway.

I'm ready for another rainy day...

/

No comments: