Monday, August 24, 2009

Pease K-9 Show

A bit more info on the upcoming show at Pease in Portsmouth. This, courtesy of Bob Norwood:

"Working Dogs Foundation car show at Pease on Sunday, 9/6/2009. I am told it's the same as last year. 30 classes plus 5 motorcycles, 3 trophies per class, 50-50, flea market, Kids corner, K9 Demos, Huge raffle prizes, games, contest & more. $10.00 car and 1 passenger, Spectators $3.00."

Sounds like a good time once again - most folks raved about it last year.

I also hear through the grapevine that the Bath show was a lot of fun. But I also heard that an Audi took 2nd in the VW class. While I understand Audi may be related to VW, it is not a VW, and no way should that have been allowed.

Well, on the home front, our daughter got her license a bit ago. And although the PT Woody is her car, she apparently has too much sense to use it as a daily driver. So, we opted to buy her another car. Anyone want to guess what she chose?

Yep - another PT Cruiser. That makes three. Folks are going to think our driveway is a used PT Cruiser car lot.

/

3 comments:

Ken Matthews said...

looks like three little slot cars lined up for the dash. which one is wound the tightest? I can't wait for the answer. LOL

Unknown said...

So apparently my Audi doesnt classify as a VW huh? Interesting, the engine was built in the same factory, they are sold at the same dealerships, they are serviced at the same dealership, and half the parts on my car fit the 2008/2009 Passat... yep not a VW, definately not a VW.

Andy said...

To much sense to use it as a daily driver. That's comical. A car is meant to be driven. I drive mine every day except during the winter months rain or shine and I still place at most shows because I keep up on the vehicle. What I'm really on here for is for the comment left about the Audi in the VW Class. Sure it may not be an "VW". I agree with that. In the end though it's up to the staff of the show to enforce the classes and what is and isn't allowed in such class. In this person's defense I must look at you and your PT. With all do respect I am not hating on your PT at all. I respect the work you've done to it entirely. It is a nice vehicle with many modifications. At the Litchfield Firefights Show you entered your PT into the 2000's category if I'm not mistaken. Your car meets the requirements for "Special Interest" You normally enter your vehicle into the "Special Interest" category. Why didn't you at this show. I've commonly found that people will put themselves in certain classes where they feel they can win. Me on the other hand I place myself in a respective class. I have put my car in the 90's class before because the show didn't have a Sport Compact, Tuners, or another class that would fit anything to do with my vehicle. Never once have I put myself in special interest even though I could. If your car is not just a 2000's it shouldn't be in that class. You should ALWAYS put yourself in special interest and stick to what you say. Many times I have read comments/threads/posts on your website and find that some of them are so backwards and contradicting because weeks prior or in the weeks to come the same things you say you do not agree with your doing yourself. I hope this post gets published on your website for everyone to see because I have spoken with others in my own time and have we all come to the same conclusion on this topic.