Saturday, May 1, 2010

Roadside Assistance

Received this interesting email. Thought I would pass it on. Forewarned is forearmed.

**********************

WHAT A JOKE 24 hour roadside assistance, does that mean I will hear from you within 24 hours of my call?????

I have been a Hagerty customer since 2006 my member ID is ******. I am responsible for at least 12 of my fellow car enthusiast purchasing insurance from Hagerty. I have always spoken very highly of your company. Now I find myself in a situation that has me wondering where I will now insure my antique automobile.

Here is my story; Saturday May 1, 2010 at 6:47AM I called 1-800-922-4950 option #3 to request roadside assistance as my 1948 Chevrolet quit running on a somewhat busy Maine State Highway. I left a voice mail message(my mistake to begin with) requesting a flatbed hauler to remove my vehicle and transport it less then 5-miles back to my residence/garage so I could start the repairs. It is now 5:00PM Saturday May 1, 2010 and I still have not been contacted by anyone from Hagerty Roadside Assistance.

Don't worry though, I had the presence of mind to call a reputable towing company with a real person that answers the emergency line and I had a tow truck on scene in a flash and had my vehicle back in my garage @ 7:52 AM. Now that is service that I will gladly pay for as the need arises.

I don't need some fancy insurance company selling me something that does not work. Our absence at the car show today was noticed by many and I will not hesitate to tell them about the day I have had and my disappointments with Hagerty's roadside assistance program. I am sure someone will call me from Hagerty, like today though, I can't wait to see how long that takes.

Your Greatly Disappointed Member,

Ken Matthews
Propane Consultants
www.propaneconsultant.com
207-272-4491
Fax. 207-655-3571
/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES KEN!! WE WERE ALL WONDERING,WHERE THE HELL IS THE GREAT 48? NOW WE KNOW! HOPE YOU ARE BACK ON THE ROAD SOON!