Monday, June 21, 2010

Windham & Hodgman's

Received the following:

"I was really overwhelmed, Sunday at Hodgmans, when I had trouble with my truck and so many great people, came to help me (most I did not know at all). Some were willing to take me to their garages, or lend me a tire to go home on. Man what a feeling! If they ever need anything and I can help, call me anytime (Bill Gribizis 756-1830). Thanks again.

"The Windham show judging was the worst I have seen. Stan and Cheryl did a great job with the show. When you have the caliber of cars that were there, you need judges not amateurs."

Bill G.

Thanx, Bill.

/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill, I have to agree with Bill G. on both counts. I even asked Bill G. if they were re-poing his truck! Ha - Ha. Hopefully we will see you guys at a show sometime? Maybe the fourth. See ya, Jim

Anonymous said...

I just want to make a comment about the show at Windham . This was our first show and it has nothing to do with the Windham Boosters show in September . We told people right up front that we had a panel of judges not professional and they were going out to judge . This was to raise money for a scholarship fund tht we give a deserving senior . So if we didnt do things right then I suggest they go somewhere else because we put alot of time and effort in this show . Thank you

ibiz1ibiz2 said...

Raising money for a good cause is fine. But the folks who are giving that money are entitled to a fair judging. If the judges do not know how to judge, they have no business judging. Every show has an obligation to either have qualified, unbiased judges, and if they can't then it should be peer judged. There is no good reason to have judges who are not qualified. The ONLY thing they accomplish is to screw the folks who are contributing to your good cause. Every show owes the contributors a fair show.

Anonymous said...

i have to say that at least the windham judges actually took a good look at the cars,unlike the naples judges,most of whom only walked by the car in the front and never walked around it,looked into it,or even acted half interested in judging,one more concerned she have a tight grip on her coffee!not going back to naples till they change their system,its not worth it!