Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lucky or What?

Some of you know that I make a big chunk of my income from real estate. And whenever I buy a property, I always try to negotiate some free stuf. Over the years I have gotten (free) a few lawn tractors and mowers, furnishings (once a whole house full), antiques, tools, and even a '65 Mustang. But I think this nearly takes the cake.

I recently purchased a 3 bedroom house in Hiram for $45,000 in a probate sale. The place had a 2-car garage and a separate 1-car garage. And guess what? In one garage was an '85 Olds 442, albeit in poor shape - the roof had been crushed. But the parts were pretty much all there and in good condition. I gave this car to Jim Peacock. But that's not the good part.

In the other garage was a 1980 Porsche (turbo), in good condition. Only 35,000 original miles.

Granted, it is not one of the high-end models (it's the 924 Turbo), but it is becoming rare. And it is a Porsche. And it goes like Hell. And it was FREE! Pix here

Hope to get it all redone and dressed up by spring. We'll see.Meanwhile, I am STILL waiting fgor my '85 GMC 2500 to have its restoration completed - the guy (Capone) may be good at what he does, but is not reliable and is incredibly slow - he has had the truck since LAST April, and he's not even close to finished. Needless to say, he won't be getting the Porsche to work on. I would not live long enough to see it done.

/

No comments: