Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Good Time in Durham

Another fine day, and another great show! We headed out (far too early for my taste) to the Durham, ME show this morning. We did not know what to expect, as this event, hosted by the Yankee Cruisers, is one we had not previously attended.

And we were pleasantly surprised. The event was well organized, and the folks running it were very nice and accommodating. By noon, there were 244 cars, and by the time of the drawing, nearly $700 was raised in the 50/50. Not bad at all. It would have been just a little better if I had won it, though... :o)

I had my work cut out for me - so many sweet rides to take pix of. And about 40 1st place trophy winners to photograph. (By the way, the pix are already up at www.hotkarz.com).

At least I didn't pull the boner I pulled at the Jetport yesterday, when I ran down my battery and had to get a jumpstart. A bit embarrassing! To make sure that would not be a problem in the future, I now carry a booster pack in the PT Woody. So, if you ever make the same mistake, you will at least know where you can get a boost if I am around :o)

Next Saturday we plan to attend the Bektash Shriner's show at the WalMart in Concord, NH. I think it's time we got some pix of those righteous NH cars - and maybe put another NH trophy on a Maine mantle.

Wednesday we'll be at Two Trails Fabulous 50's diner (Standish) for their weekly cruise - especially since there are so few cruises left in this season. And maybe, just maybe we'll hit Hometown Mobil (Lebanon) on Thursday. And though Blast From The Past (Waterboro) has one last cruise this coming Friday, we'll have to miss it - we're going to the Deerfield (NH) Fair on Friday, and staying over for the Bektash show on Saturday.

I hope y'all enjoy the pictures posted at the website. If we don't get to see you again this season, may God bless you and keep you well until next season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was indeed a very nice show, beautiful day, a wide variety of automobiles to gaze at, I missed the show last year, my car was still in pieces!

Anonymous said...

I am one of the Yankee Cruisers who put on the show sunday . I want to thank you for such a nice write up . You see we do not have any meetings or anything to plan this show . We just do it that day and have been doing it fo ralot of years . Again thanks for the good words . Take care and good health cheryl page