Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Of Cheeseburger Melts and Good Times

Tonight we made our weekly trek to Two Trails Fabulous 50's Diner on Rte 25, Standish ME for the Wednesday Nite Cruise-In. They will continue at least through September, and all are welcome, so stop by if you get the chance.

I have to admit that I am hooked on their cheeseburger melt on rye. My wife and I usually go with Ralph & Ulla Stowell, and we all have the same thing. They're good! Maybe too good - I got so involved in the burgers that I forgot to take pics, and by the time I got the camera out again, it was getting dark.

Nelson won a trophy for his VW (see pix) - the famous "horse's ass" trophy :o) Nelson is a great guy, much loved by all, and we just could not resist this opportunity to have some extra fun.

The People's Choice trophy, won almost unanimously, was presented to Bob Patten for his absolutely perfect '54 Merc. I looked under it, and even the frame is perfect - looks as good as the body, painted and glossy! Bob's car was a real hit, and we thank him for coming by and sharing with us.

Of course, Wednesday nites just would not be the same without the incorrigible Frank Howard and his lovely wife Janey (who got a ride in the Merc).

Tomorrow we expect to be at the final cruise at Ocean Garden in Gorham. Saturday its the show at the Jetport, and Sunday we're off to the Durham show. No rest for the weary!

Hope to see you there.

No comments: