Friday, June 20, 2008

Family

As I sit at my desk late at night, I was wondering how and why a "loner" like myself gets so involved in these cruises and shows. I have always disliked crowds, parties and the like. I have just returned from a cruise in Westbrook, and I feel richer for having gone (even though I didn't win the 50/50). And it perplexed me as to why this "car thing" is so different. Why do I feel good about it, when I dislike most other group activities?

And I know the answer - the people I meet at cruises and shows are a very special breed of folks. They seem more like family than friends, and for someone like myself who no longer has blood family other than my daughter, that is important. They are comfortable to be around. They are the "cream" of the crop, good people, all.

And when I say "they", I am saying YOU!

And I am also saying "Thank You." Thanks for being so much fun. Thanks for welcoming my little family. And a special thanks for enriching my little corner of the world.

Bill

No comments: