Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gambling

All day the news kept talking about severe thunderstorms with large hail. So I spent much of the day debating if I would drive the one hour to Roy's in Auburn for their cruise.

But I knew deep down I would go, because I can be an idiot.

All the way up, the sun shone bright. I hit the Auburn city line and everything grew dark and cold. Uh-oh!

I got to Roy's, and was surprised to see about a dozen cars there, in spite of the threatening weather. It's really nice to know I'm not the only idiot.

But as the sky grew darker, many left (not me, of course, because I'm a professional idiot).

Lo and behold, the dark clouds left, the sun returned and all was fine. But by that time, only a few of us remained, so I hit the road.

But we did manage to get the balloting done for the Super Cruise.

The weather tomorrow is supposed to be fine, so we'll probably pop over to Fabulous 50's Diner on Rte 25 in Standish. It's a small group, but lots of laughs. Thursday we hope to make an appearance at Ainsley's in Gardiner (a first for us).

So many cruises - so few days in a week! I think I'll have myself cloned so I can get on even more people's nerves :o) On second thought, that would not be good - two of me would burn twice as much gas...

Gotta go - take care, folks!

Bill

No comments: