Monday, June 9, 2008

Ol Blue

Yeah, you have probably seen this truck, either at shows or cruises throughout Maine. That truck is everywhere!

Jim Peacock, the owner, is from Dresden Maine. Yet he makes it a point to be at cruises as far south as Shapleigh and Westbrook. Everywhere I go, I turn around and there is Big Jim.

I'm going to bet that I see him at Roy's tomorrow night, too. It's always a pleasure, because Jim and his little lady are really nice, affable folks. Don't come any finer. And he gives his vehicles the same dedication and care that he shows to those around him.

It's a pleasure to know ye!

HotKarz is going to be doing ballots for the Super Cruise at Roy's (Auburn) tomorrow night, weather permitting. If we get rained out, check HotKarz to find out if we will show up somewhere else for balloting later in the week.

Just received an email from George Giroux, who runs the South Mountain Showdown Car Show in Lincoln, NH on July 19th. He is inviting all of us Mainiacs to the show. He realizes it's a long drive from Maine (81 miles from my place in Limington), but wanted us to know the invitation is a personal invitation to us, and he would welcome us. While I will likely attend as a rep of HotKarz, I doubt if too many of us can make such a trip. But if you can, you will certainly be made welcome. I'm going to make a weekend of it - the Lincoln area has a lot of attractions, such as Clark's Trading Post & Trained Bears, the Flume, Lost River etc. For me, it will be a great mini-vacation, which makes it worth the trip.

If any of you think you would like to do the same, let me know. Perhaps we can set up a long, 85 mile cruise to Lincoln, then go to some of the attractions as a group.

I've never been to Ainsley's, in Gardiner for their Thursday cruise-in. If the weather holds, I think I'll cruise on up there this week, maybe see some sweet rides I haven't seen before.

Later!

No comments: