Saturday, August 30, 2008

Are You Fiberglassing Anything This Winter?

I have two unopened gallons of standard layup fiberglass resin and catalyst. Perfect for anyone looking to build or repair fiberglass body parts. These usually cost $28.00/gallon, but I am willing to dicker. I also have over 5 yards of heavy duty 18 oz fiberglass cloth (retails at $9.95/yd), and 5 yards of fiberglass mat (retails $4.15/yard). Again, I am willing to dicker if you are looking to save some $$$$. Email me at ptwoodycrew@aol.com if interested.

While you are at it, why not check out the HotKarz classifieds - there is a new ad for inline headers, plus other stuff (and cars, of course).

So, now the story as to why I have all this stupid resin kicking around...you know by now that there must be a story.

It all started with my desire to build a surfboard. So, I ordered cloth, resin etc. for the glassing phase. Being new at this fiberglassing thing, I was unaware there was a difference between ordinary glassing materials (for cars, boats etc.), and a special cloth and resin specifically for surfboards.

Well, you can guess what happened - which is why I have this great opportunity for some lucky glasser. Meanwhile, I am anxiously awaiting the next delivery of materials - I am ready for the glassing, and thankfully I caught this before I actually started the glassing phase - it would have ruined about 40 hours of work.

There's a lesson here. But damned if I know what it is (^.-)

Come to think of it, I would be willing to make a deal with a glasser who knows what the hell he is doing - if you will help me glass this thing (translated as "do it for me while I supervise, suckin' on a cuppa joe"), I'll GIVE you all that other glassing material. How's that?

In any case, if interested, get in touch before someone else grabs it up. Meanwhile, stay tuned for more great specials, because I am always doing something dumb.

FYI: The Mount Washington Old Car Club will be using the Vehicle Safety Cards at the Settlers Green Show, North Conway NH on September 7th. They care about your cars. With nearly 700 spectators, it's a good move for them - and you. Don't forget to let them know you appreciate that they go the extra mile.

See ya at Shaw's Ridge!

No comments: