Monday, August 4, 2008

Response to Gas Prices

Have you seen http://www.nozzlerage.com/ yet? Kinda cute. But it's ticking off the Saudi's.

Well, like a dummy I left the shed door open this spring for a few days, and a robin nested in there. For weeks, every time I tried to get in the shed she would fly in my face. Very disconcerting.

She and her brood have finally moved on, and once again I can claim dominion over my workshop area.

Crazy weather, eh? Sun was shining, so I went out to weed some gardens. After about 5 minutes, it began raining, so I had to quit. Sun came out, ground dried a bit, so out I went to weed some more. 'Bout 5 minutes later, guess what? Sure enough - it rained. This scenario took place four times today. But the worst part lies in the fact that this sort of thing is becoming a daily occurrence in Maine and New Hampshire. I've not seen anything like it, and I've been in New England most of my life. It reminds me of the Seattle area - always raining. Funny thing is, Seattle has been much drier than normal. I hope that does not mean the weather pattern has shifted permanently.

Almost every day our weather has come from the north, or northwest. If this pattern continues, we can expect a long, cold and and snowy winter - again!

Hard to believe the summer is nearly gone. In three weeks the kids are back in school. In 4 weeks it will be Labor Day - end of summer. Would not be so bad if we actually HAD a summer :o)

I have cukes coming out of my ears. If you're passin' by, stop in for some. The corn should be ready soon - it measures over 8' high this year - haven't seen any that is higher. Dunno about the tomatoes - they need more sun than rain, and we have had the opposite, so it doesn't look good for many extras - none have ripened as yet (we give away extra veggies at the cruises we attend).

I was going to raise chickens, but I had to give up on that. I bought 100 chicks. A few weeks later, I bought 500 more. A month later I bought 1000. The guy selling me the chicks said I must be doing very well. I told him that I would be doing much better if I could figure out how deep and how far apart to plant them.

Weather looks dry for tomorrow, so we'll be able to go cruise-in. Maybe Cumberland, maybe Rock n' Roll. We'll see.

Been quite a few letters on the recent shows - mostly positive. Check 'em out.

Later!

No comments: