Saturday, December 20, 2008

It Never Fails

First, a sign of the times...

Well now, winter is here for certain, it seems. And it promises to be a corker!

And wouldn't you know it - 8 inches of snow, and only 6 degrees out, and I go out to clear the driveway and - you guessed it, the snowblower would not start. Not even a year old! First I tried the electric start, but it literally blew up - the casing blew apart. So, I tried using the pull cord. No dice - it still would not start. Changed the plug. Checked gas & oil. No go.

I sure am having a helluva year when it comes to equipment. So far, a one year old Husky tractor crapped out, thanks to V&M Rental. A brand new pressure washer, never used, won't start. Two of our ATV's needed work in order to run - and one still does not run right. The ex-tenant at my other house wrecked the lawn tractor I bought for that place. And this is the second snowblower gone bad in 12 months.

It's a great life if you don't weaken :o)

And now it looks like we are in for another 10-18 inches tomorrow through Monday morning.

Perhaps Al Gore should visit Maine.

/

No comments: