Sunday, January 25, 2009

Disappointing

There are over 800 readers of HotKarz. For that, I truly thank you for your loyalty. And of those 800, I suspect each of them knows at least 6 people. That comes to roughly 5000.

However, there is a serious threat to our hobby, coming from Pelosi and Senator Susan Collins, who co-sponsored the "Cash For Clunkers" bill that will hurt each and every one of us. So, HotKarz did its job - we put out the call to arms. We provided the email address, the fax numbers, phone numbers and mailing addresses, so you could stand up for your hobby. Stand and be counted. And to spread the word, getting others to do the same.

So, it comes as a serious disappointment to learn than fewer than 120 people stood to be counted by contacting Collins, and even fewer contacted Pelosi. That is not enough to convince Collins to take a coffee break, let alone change her position on this issue!

So, because the majority of you decided to leave this important issue up to "someone else" to deal with, and "someone else" did the same, the Cash for Clunkers bill will likely go through, unopposed.

As Jefferson said, "We all get the government we deserve". By not standing up to be counted, you will see the Cash for Clunkers bill ushered in next month.

And the next time someone complains to me about how much it cost for this part, or how hard it was to get that part, I do not think I will have any tears to shed.

If you, the folks most affected, will not fight for what you want, then don't expect anyone else to, either.

I am so terribly disappointed that I must seriously reconsider keeping HotKarz up. It is a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of cost, with only one person covering it. I did not mind when I thought it was a worthwhile thing to do. But it does not appear to be worthwhile any longer.

/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your concerns and disapointment with the lack of participation from the majority of the Hotkarz.com readers. It appears that this subject is not important to some. It is a shame that more people did not get involved with this effort however I don't think you should take it to mean that Hotkarz.com does not make an impact on the old car, show car, and just plain car nuts out there. You do make a huge difference in the way we all look at the hobby we enjoy. I for one would deeply miss the articles and interaction that comes from Hotkarz.com, You guys are very professional and a big asset to our hobby. I urge other readers to let you know how much they appreaciate your efforts.

Please continue to host Hotkarz.com maybe some of us can advertise our businesses with you to help offset the cost of maintaining the site.

Thanks for doing what you do,

GR8-48

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill, I do have to agree with Ken. You do our hobby a great service and I would hate to see you close the site. It can be really disapointing to get peopole of there rears to help themselves or others. Them they will be the first ones to complain. I hope you will keep up the good work and we will support you like we always have. We did our end in spreading the word and sent the emais to Collins & Peloski. If you need help with the cost of the web site let us know. Once again thank you and the family. The Peacocks

Anonymous said...

Each time you have asked us to send an email, I have sent an email. Maybe that makes 3 of us, but I would not get too down on the other 797. Some may think, what can my email do to sway Senator Collins? If she has big money outside interests to help her one is one poor Mainer going to do? However, I am sure all 800 of us enjoy your website. We appreciate your hard work, and we are all looking forward to the coming car show season to see what improvements are made by your book with how car shows are run. The drama is fun too, but do not give up the ship mid sail. It is the winter of discontent, but hang in there.