Thursday, July 23, 2009

More on Acton

Received another letter concerning the Acton "Show":

"Sir Bill , I went over to the acton show , no it was a big cruise-in , Yes a guy ran by me and my car with a piece of paper with # s on it, never gave a look, these were the cars who would receive a door prize. They could just draw #s out of a hat and save all that running around . I hope they leave the gate open to the big apple so I can get a coffee and a hot dog with onions, that would be a good. They should hay or mow the feild , lots of bugs and fire risk,
ya it was a cruise-in. What happened to posting letters about show like you did last year? I liked that. Thanks Alan"

The LETTERS pages take a lot of time to do, and I have been busy this year. I hope to return to that format next season. For now, readers can either post their own in the COMMENTS link under each post, or send me an email and I will post it in the blog.

Bill

/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AT LEAST YOU SAW A PEICE OF PAPER WITH NUMBERS ON IT! I NEVER SAW THAT MUCH..NO PAPERS,NO NOTEPAD, AND NO CLIPBOARD! IF THEY PICKED 20 CARS HOW DID THEY REMEMBER ALL THE NUMBERS! I'M CONVINCED MY CAR WAS NEVER LOOKED AT. I EVEN ASKED THEM WHEN THEY WERE JUDGING AS NO ONE HAD EVEN LOOKED AT THE CAR.THEIR RESPONSE WAS THAT THE JUDGES WERE BEING VERY INCONSPICUOUS! I THINK THEY MEANT INVISIBLE!!!!

Ken Matthews said...

I had a fellow from up state NH look at my car for about 10 minutes, he asked questions and went to the front of the car and tehn walked away. I do not know who he was or if he may have been judging. As I was walking around I did several people with pencil and paper looking at cars. Can't say for sure but I think they may have been judges. REGARDLESS; It was a great day with my friends