Sunday, August 9, 2009

Someone Is Going Off The Deep End

Some anonymous poster complained that the vehicle I was "bashing" in the earlier blog post belongs to "some 80 year-old guy who doesn't have a computer".

Some people just can't help themselves, and complain about something that isn't even there.

So let me be clear:

The ONLY vehicle owners I was bashing was a 70's Nova owned by someone around 35-ish, I think; a Lincoln owned by someone perhaps near 50-60; Red Sled, owned by someone I'd say is around 45-55. I don't know who owns the two vehicles in Works In Progress that did not belong there. And the fellow who owns the VW Truck - I don't have any idea of his age, but he has been told more than once, in person, that he belongs in Foreign or VW, not Special Interest.

Now, if that offends any of them, I really cannot be concerned with that, because each of them already knows my take. And if it offends you, that, too, is too bad, but does not concern me because you are only "anonymous". When you sign your comments, I will take them more seriously.

However, in all fairness, I THINK you jumped to conclusions. As a simple example, chosen at random, I used a 70's Chevelle Muscle car, and the poster may have thought I was referencing Norm (but for all you know, I may have been thinking of Russ). That is a stretch. I could have chosen any specific type of car, and SOMEONE would have one. And I did not say anything - nothing at all - derogatory about Chevelles, or their owners either.

So, for the benefit of he or she who jumped to a wrong conclusion, let me say that when I mentioned trucks, I was not referencing Bob S, Bob R or Rob R, or anyone else. And when I mentioned Mustangs, I was not referencing Rob, Chris or any other Mustang owner. An example is just that - a randomly chosen example.

Stop trying to look for, or create trouble that does not exist, and stop making unfounded assumptions.

I chose a 70's Muscle Chevelle only because it is a perfect example of multiple possibilities in classing. I believe it is the same example or similar to the one used in "The Complete Car Show", written LONG before today's show! Had I chosen Ford Model A's, the example simply could not work.

But some folks just need to try and pick me and HotKarz apart, in the hopes that if they minimalize me, they can keep their same "good ol' boys" network up and running.

Not gonna happen.

/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of going off the deep end and jumping to conclusions. First, when I refered to "bashing" I was referencing your blog as a whole, not your individual bashing. I don't know who these people are from a hole in the wall and really don't care. You continuously repeat yourself and for readers, it gets old. Secondly, when you quote someone, quote them correctly. It's not even 2am and you left out "probably" when I mentioned he probably doesn't even have a computer.

Anonymous said...

YOUR RULES



"Have your say - post your thoughts on shows you have attended. We will post them anonymously unless you request otherwise. Send your letters to ptwoodycrew@aol.com or use the icon at the bottom of any letters page. Please, no foul language or PERSONAL ATTACKS".


Practice what you preach!!!!!