Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sharing Experience

[A Letter From John]

Hi Bill,

I would like to share my experience at the New Gloucester Car Show as you have shared your comments on other car shows.

I'll begin by saying that upon entering the fair grounds I was assigned to Class M, for Camaros and Firebirds. I was then directed to this class. After parking my Camaro I was then asked to move further up ahead of Class M where there were no class signs. One of the staff members stated "we'll see that your car shows your class". I knew then that this statement to me was BS.

My first thought was, how was anyone to know what class my Camaro was now in, or whether I was a participant for judging if there was no Class M sign displayed. Upon registering I was car number 7, so in another words Class M was only big enough to hold 6 Camaros or Firebirds. During the show I observed no judging on my Camaro which I blame the organizers. Had my class had enough area to hold more than 6 vehicles, perhaps my Camaro along with the 67 Camaro parked next to me might have been judged. It may be safe to say that the New Gloucester Car Show needs to do some fine tuning as other shows to make it fair for everyone participating.

John Nicholas
Buxton, Me.

/

2 comments:

ibiz1ibiz2 said...

Yes, John, even the organizers noticed these things. I spoke with Joe Murray and he was already aware that changes such as that would need to be made for next year. I expect they will look over the entrants this year and use that to determine spacing for next year. They did have a record number of vehicles this year, which was not expected.

Unknown said...

Hey when they said your car would show its class they mean on the dash card, yes the 60s were in three rows , the 70s two,other cars out of line get overlooked , when you talk about judged you mean "picked" I picked the black mod camaro, then I saw a real sweet original Z 28 and changed my pick. I really liked that car