Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ainslie's Bust

For two years we have wanted to get up to the "big" cruise-in at Ainslie's in Gardiner. It's about an hour and 40 minutes from our home, so it is not a cruise we can go to often.

I called ahead - fine. I checked Weatherbug - they said rain, but it would be over before the cruise.

So, we headed out. But when we got there, we were told it was canceled due to rain. It wasn't raining, so we thought we would just hang out to see if others would show.

We waited an hour and a half - only one other vehicle arrived, and that was our own Tom Penney, of the Shapleigh area.

I got to thinkin' that maybe the folks up north are not as hardy as us in the south - a little moisture doesn't shut down many cruises here abouts. We just open the umbrellas :o) It just struck me that the only ones who showed were folks from down here in York County.

Well, to say we were disappointed is putting it mildly. We may not get another opportunity to get to Ainslie's.

On the way home, we did hit a downpour at Freeport, and the rest of the way home. And Weatherbug updated to say the same was happening as far north as above Augusta, so I guess it was just as well that they canceled.

And now it looks like rain for Saturday. If that changes, I expect I'll shoot up to Andover. But I gotta tell ya, if the weather looks "iffy", I'll not be making that trip - it's two hours, and that's too much to gamble. If clear, it's Andover. If it looks like a fair chance of rain, I'll just head up the hill to Parsem - it's close to home.

Whatever y'all decide to do this weekend, good luck to you all.

No comments: