Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bektash Shrine Show

We went to the Bektash Temple (Shriners) show in Concord, NH last year. To say we were not impressed is putting it mildly, if you recall my post. And it was not merely my opinion - the same opinion was shared by many of the 60 car buffs who showed up.

It really did hurt me to have to write that post. The Bektash Temple has always been special to my family, ever since 1959. They have played an important, personal role in our lives. I consider them to be family. So, writing a less-than-complimentary review was a difficult thing to do. But I had no choice - of what use would this website really be if its integrity were compromised?

So now I am very pleased to say that the show organizers have contacted HotKarz - they listened to the criticism, and chose to make some good changes that will improve their show. Once again, the Shriners have risen to the top by virtue of their willingness to adapt and improve.

They have addressed the judging issues. And they are having classes this year instead of an "open field". These are big changes. But the Shriners are "big" people, so it is not unexpected. I will be happy to attend their show this year if I can.

Now if only the Kora Shriners would give a little more thought to their system of judging...

No comments: