Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Lions Show in Gorham

What a beautiful day for a show. Seemed strange to get through a day without getting soaked. Tomorrow does not appear to be as promising, but we'll have to wait and see.

The Lions put on a fine show. Considering it was their first one on their own (they used to team with the Deering Lions), they brought forth a pretty good crowd. The high point for my wife and I was when the Awards presenter asked folks how they heard of the show, and some said "HotKarz.com".

Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and no major issues were raised except, once again, the issue of jumping classes. In one instance, one of the Lions asked a fellow to move his vehicle into a more appropriate class, but the man refused. At that point, I think he should have been asked to leave, or at least, not allow him to register.

Other than that, everything seemed to go very well. The shyow was fairly well organized in spite of this being their first year, so they really had no idea what to expect. The hosts were great, and always smiling and friendly. Very helpful.

Since I have been "off my feed" for a couple days, I did not have the energy to get out and around much. But I did get to see all the great cars, and talk with many friends, both old and new.

And we hope to repeat this tomorrow at Mackworth. I must say, I am apprehensive. We have never been to the Island show, and the stories we have heard have made us curious. So I hope the weather holds out long enough to check it out for ourselves. See y'all there!

And remember - every reader may email us with their own comments on shows. Simply send your letters to me at ptwoodycrew@aol.com. If we receive emails on a show, we will create a feedback page for that show and post it here. In the event no letters are received, no page will be created for feedback on that show. All letters will be unedited except that objectionable language will be deleted, and personal attacks will not be allowed. And remember - many show organizers may depend upon your comments to improve the show they host for you, so don't be afraid to write what you feel. All letters will be kept anonymous unless the writer specifically grants permission to be identified. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! The Gorham Lions did a great job with the show. 3suggestions:
1.)Add a muscle class.

2.)Split the 60's & 70's like you did the 50's (if you do 1 why not the others?)

3.)Enforce the classes (it was a shame when a Jaguar placed in the 80's when he was totally competitive in their FORIEGN class)

Other than those minor things, it was probably one of the better shows I have attended this year-Kudos to the Gorham Lions- I'll go back next year!