Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ossipee Valley Fair & Car Show

I think everyone had a good time at the fair. And the turn-out was quite large considering both Kora (Twitchell) and the Super Cruise (Biddeford) were also on this day.

There were only two issues, one of those was actually a good thing - they ran out of space in some classes. They did not expect so many cars, I suppose. And I suspect that they may designate more space next year to the larger classes. This indicates growth, which is a good thing.

The only other issue of any consequence was the same issue that all too many shows have - not enforcing the classes. Some folks entered their vehicles into inappropriate classes, which is always unfair to those who belong in the class. The folks who run the show could consider monitoring the classes, to insure appropriateness. And those who enter in a class in which they do not belong should be ashamed of themselves. More about this continuing problem later, in another post.

But this little country show was otherwise quite excellent. Of course, it didn't hurt to have a fried dough stand on every corner! And a bunch of us put our canopies together to build a "tent city", where a lot of folks stayed out of the sun.

This was the first show where our daughter, Christi, drove her PT Woody to the show - she now has her learner's permit. I got to ride in the back seat. Anyone know where I can get the fingernail marks removed from the upholstery? Actually, she does very well, and I cannot complain.

Well, I got a lotta work to catch up on, and I want to build some new galleries, so I'll cut this short. Hope to see you all at CHOP on Tuesday and/or the Big Dipper in Lisbon Falls on Wednesday - the Big Dipper is where we hope to conduct balloting this week for the Super Cruise Awards.

Bill

1 comment:

Slowpoke said...

Had A Great time at Ossipee Valley car show!! THEY WERE JUST 3 OF US IN MY CLASS! (4X4) 80's to present 2004. Thought I might get a 3rd, but got 2nd instead.
(made my day) Looking forward to next year..