Sunday, July 13, 2008

Special Friends; Special Pigs

I hope I never get to the point where I keep repeating myself.
I hope I never get to the point where I keep repeating myself.

Went to see Jim Peacock t'other day. He had a 3-legged pig running around the yard. I asked him why the pig only had three legs.

"Well", said Jim, "that's a very special pig. One night the house caught fire, and that pig ran in and dragged each of us outta the house. Saved our lives. Yep, he's a special pig".

Fine, I said. But why does he only have three legs? (repeated myself)

"I'm gettin' to that", Jimbo said thoughtfully (is that an oxymoron?). "Two years ago my son was swimmin' over in the frog pond. Nearly drowned. That pig dove in and pulled him out. A REAL special pig. Yessir. A very special pig."

OK, I said, so the damned pig is "special". But why does he only have three legs???? (repeated myself again)

To that Jim replied with a hungry look, "Well, you just don't eat a special pig all at once!"

I hope I never get to the point where I keep repeating myself.

Jimbo is a great guy. But his special pig wants to be adopted by a Jewish family.

(^.-)

No comments: