Monday, November 3, 2008

It's About Time (Almost)

Some of you have been asking how I am coming along with stringing the outdoor Christmas lights. I am very happy to say that yesterday afternoon I actually began stringing them. But...

About 5 minutes into it, Ralph & Ulla called, wanting to go out to dinner at Mulligan's. Not one to pass up a good meal and good company, I immediately dropped what I was doing to go and change for dinner.

So, yes, I began stringing the lights, and no, I didn't get very far. And I know I should be out there doing it now, but I'm hoping someone else will call....

It's also about time to elect a new leader. And in spite of all the rumors about the candidates, and in spite of the economy, party lines or political ads, when I get into that voting booth tomorrow, I am only going to ask myself the most important question:

If a guy holds a gun to my kids head, do I want someone around who will SHOOT the SOB, or someone who would try to talk him to death? After all, only one thing is really certain - our enemies still want to kill us. And they WILL try. I will cast my vote for the person I think will fight hardest to protect my family. Because when you get right down to it, the economy, party lines and political hype mean absolutely nothing when you're dead! I'd rather be broke and alive, than rich and dead. "Broke" is a temporary condition, easily corrected. But you cannot fix "dead".

But there will be yet another question I'll consider, though it is nearly one in the same. Whoever we elect will likely get to chose at least one or two new justices for the Supreme Court. Do we want a court that will continue to erode our rights according to their liberal "world view" and "open" concept of the Constitution, or a court that will preserve our rights by strict interpretation of the Constitution?

Whoever we elect tomorrow will be able to permanently change the direction and rights of America. Let us be very careful in choosing what that direction will be.

/

No comments: