Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

My family and I had planned on attending the show at Bayley's today. But it seems "life" got in the way.

Just as we were preparing to leave, and old friend who now lives in Florida pulled up to visit - to to request help. He still has a house here, and needed some help doing some cleanup and repairs, as vandals had broken in.

It is a sad commentary on humanity when a person's home can be so blatantly and wantonly damaged just for the fun of it. But I guess it is also a good commentary on humanity that friends can still depend upon friends for a helping hand.

So, Bayley's next year...

Tomorrow is Hodgman's. And, being Father's Day, it is also the Father's Day All-Day cruise-in at Shapleigh Corner Store. But I think I will be spending my Father's Day right here with my family, considering the weather still looks rather bleak.

COURTESY OF FRANK BARRON: Hodgman's Car Show is on, according to the KNUCKLEBUSTERS. It will be held at HODGMAN'S and the AMVETS PARKING LOT, directly across the street. Part of the field is useable and the parking lot is big enough for 7 classes. This was verified at 5:00pm today, June

/

No comments: