Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Car Buff of the Year Ceremony

The first Annual Car Buff of the Year Award was presented earlier this evening at Cumberland House of Pizza (C.H.O.P.) cruise-in. The award, presented to the individual chosen according to personality, knowledgeability, and support of the hobby could have gone to any one of a hundred wonderful folks, but this year was presented to Seldon Von Herten (see pix).

In addition to a very nice plaque, Seldon was also awarded a HOTKARZ jacket - one of only 4 in existence, and with his name embroidered on it (even I don't have my name on my jacket!)

Cake and cupcakes were served, in an effort to increase the rate of diabetes in Maine.

Speaking of Seldon, a number of folks have expressed their concern over my tussle with my chain saw, in which I was on the losing end. I just want to say that, while the "Ouch Factor" was noticeable, I would have been hurt worse had I fallen off Seldon's wallet.

Meanwhile, we are now accepting nominees for next year - any time until next May. So get your nominations into us. All those who were nominated this year, but did not win, are automatically in the running for next year, and need not be renominated.

Now, we begin keeping an eye on the weather for Hodgman's show on Sunday.

/

No comments: