Sunday, June 14, 2009

What A Week

Every so often it happens that a person runs into a rough spell. And while I have encountered much rougher times, this last week was one that I am glad is over with.

There is always a lot of commotion and stress when your child graduates. And it's not like it was when I graduated, either. In '65, you rehearsed once in the school gym, during school hours. And graduation was also held in the school gym a couple days later. Nowadays, they rehearse about 5 times, and one rehearsal - a dress rehearsal - last Wednesday evening was held in Gorham (about a half hour drive), and parents were expected to attend. Then the graduation, itself, held in Portland (about a 45 minute drive).

But now it is finally over, and our little girl, now a young woman, has graduated with High Honors. Yes, we are proud!

And while that may have been the highlight of the week, there were also low points. Such as taking a chunk outta my knee with my chainsaw on Thursday, one day before graduation. In nearly half a century of using a saw, this was the first time I nabbed myself. Now I can stop worrying about when it will happen.

Also bent a perfectly good mower blade on my tractor when I hit a hidden stump while mowing the "north forty" on Wednesday.

Missed all the cruise-ins this week, and today's show in Auburn got rained out.

Now a new week is beginning, with hopes that all will go well. Fortunately, at the moment it appears the weather, though chilly for June, will be rather nice on Tuesday, so it seems that we will finally be able to have the Car Buff of the Year presentation at Cumberland House of Pizza on Tuesday evening. So, if interested in attending, the cruise starts at 6:00, though many arrive earlier. In addition to the brief award ceremony, there is also supposed to be cake. Hope to see ya there.

/

2 comments:

Ken M. said...

Congratulations to Crissy, Best wishes to you for your future endevors. and Bill, I guess you now know first hand or should I say leg what the meaning of the phrase "Cutting edge" is. That is one more thing you can check of your bucket list.
we can see you "HOP" at "CHOP" tonight.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your graduation Crissy! Good luck with your future plans.

Sorry to hear your leg got too close to that saw. I hope you did not need many stitches.

Better days are coming.