Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kora (Twitchell) Show

Recieved this little missive from Bill Gribizis concerning the Kora show:

"Shriners car show. Hi Bill. I went up to turner to Twitchell's air field today with my wife and daughter in a 1956 Ford pickup, and boy, were they excited to go 45 miles in the pickup. As I was on the pike before Gray, the valve guide seals let go and I smoked out Gray and Auburn - but I think I eliminated the mosquito problem. There were about 220 cars there and about 25 classes. Happy to say I got 2nd place for pickups. Ron Caruso flew in on his pontoon plane. Sorry Ron - no catagories for planes yet, but there could be up there as there are a bunch of nice ones. The food could be better. It is still hard to beat Parsonfield and Mackworth Island. We made it back motor skipping and smoking. "

Sorry to hear about the seals - I understood that only penguins blow seals.

Some folks have asked HotKarz what is up for next weekend. There are a few things posted on the calendar, but nothing really local to York county folks. If the weather is nioce, we will head up to the Paris event next Saturday - we want to check out the Bahre collection.

Two shows have been added to the calendar - the Lee & Joan Day Memorial Show, in Fryeburg (8/22) and the Mt Washington Valley Settler's Green Show in North Conway, NH (9/13).

A gallery of the Kora Shriner's show is now up, pix are courtesy of Dale Chasse.

Later...

/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penguins and seals,,,,,Hahahaha