Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Misinformed

I received a comment (anonymously, of course) that I feel I should address, primarily because the writer seems to be sadly misinformed. Here is one of the incorrect comments:

"I realize you are trying to make it fair for everyone, but your getting to worked up over (block voting for) best of show"

This statement is wrong because no one from HotKarz made any mention of block voting on that particular award - or any particular award, for that matter. In fact, I made it a point to say that I was not pointing out any particular class, car or award. It was the READERS who posted comments concerning Best of Show, not HotKarz. So please, again, if you are going to comment, please make it a point to be both accurate and honest.

In another comment by the same person:

"Furthermore if you are going to pick apart all the shows then either start staying home or maybe the state of MAINE isn't worthy to have car shows anymore because we don't know how to run them.I think the people are doing the best they can so work with them.My only other bitch is I don't think that on your way up to recieve your trophy the reply "up yours" was appropiate after all this is a FAMILY Sport so please act accordingly. "

Spoken like someone from the block-voting group. The writer has completely missed the point - not only of HotKarz and comments by concerned readers, but also the point of life, itself. So let me be clear - the POINT is to always try to improve in ALL things. That is why we go to school. College. Why we work our way up the ladder. Why we strive to earn more. Why we take time to give our children values. The point of life is to IMPROVE and PROGRESS and GROW. And car shows are a part of our lives. If we are not striving to make them better and better, then shows are destined to fade away. Because here is another fact of life - nothing stays the same. Nothing can stagnate. It either moves and/or grows, or it dies.

The writer misses yet another point - the problem being addressed (block voting) is NOT a problem created by the show hosts, or the people "running" the shows. It is a problem of a certain small, tight group of dishonest people whose objective is to stoop to any level to win trophies. The shows are generally fine - the problem is the dishonest folks who cheat the rest.

And as for the "up yours" comment, I believe it was actually "bite me", and that is a running joke between us. But in either case, neither is vulgar, nor profane. If your skin is that thin, then I would think you are the one with a problem.

/

No comments: