Friday, July 31, 2009

Touching Up

Hey, guys and gals, at one time or another we all face the prospect of trying to touch-up our rides. My own vehicle had a bad case of "road rash" - hundreds of tiny chips on the nose. You know what I mean.

Well, I ordered a touch-up kit from Dr ColorChip, online (no, I do not represent them, nor do I get paid for telling you about them. But I always like to keep you informed of things I try that might benefit you - like that "chrome paint" last year. Man, that was a loser).

The claims Dr ColorChip made were fantastic, so I did not really believe them, but I was desperate for a solution. So, I ordered, hoping it would at least help a little.

A couple of noteworthy things, folks -

1) The service was absolutely astounding. The product arrived almost before I finished placing the order, and

2) It actually WORKED! I spent about 20 minutes applying the materials as instructed, and all those chips, plus scrathes, simply seemed to disappear.

You can see for yourselves at the Andover show tomorrow, or the Oxford show on Sunday. 5000 little "white chips" are now invisible. Kool! I'll be using it on old touch-ups next week, to fix what other touch-up kits could not fix correctly.

Ya gotta see it to believe how simple it is to touch-up the ride quickly and inexpensively.

On the other hand, I had a TERRIBLE experience with a different touchup company called Microfinish. I'll be telling y'all about that soon. But right now, I'm going to go show the wife how the car looks now.

See ya at the shows!

/

No comments: