Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Woolwich Invitational

Received the following letter from Connie Peacock, along with a few pix of the Woolwich Invitational, now posted in our gallery:

"Hey Bill, Just wanted to send some pictures of the Woolwich Invitational Sunday. What a gorgeous day. There were about 50 to 60 vehicles entered. They had 2 live bands, some recorded music and the Bag Piper. All was very good entertainment.

"The oldest car entered was the 1919 GMC Model 16 Bissons Delivery Truck. The thing was really something. My pictures did not do it justice. The car that was in the movie "Man Without a Face" was there. The gent that owned it came over and spoke with me for a few minutes. He told me they spent 4 days with him. It was the first car in the movie. I asked if he (Mel Gibson) was as crazy in person as he is in the movies and he replied " Yep he is,just don't get him mad." I said "I thought so' and we chuckled.

"Anyway the Moals put on a very well organized show. Members where constantly patroling the areas, so the participants could enjoy the day and relax. There were people at the gate passing out "Code of Conduct" cards - no matter how old, they got one.There was 1 bake goods table and I had to have a scone. I told the gals that I had not had these since my Grandma and Aunt made them when I was a girl. And It was REALLY GOOD. I almost wanted another but I had to be good. LOL.

"The Snack Shack had burgers and dogs with chips and drinks. They also had breakfast sandwiches. It was very good food. "

Sounds like a good place to have been on Sunday!

/

1 comment:

Bill Gribizis said...

hi bill. Clearing up the doubt on the 65 Mustang, if it were posted at the street about what would be allowed i would accept that. a 1965 mustang is as much an icon as my 1940 ford or my 1957 chev. That night he told me to turn left and park in the back lot behind me a street rod was allowed to park to the right. i also take my wife and my 17yr old daughter to car events to share my interests and convince them this is all fun and fair. yes we can stay home and just think you can have the diner to yourself and the owner. Been a street rodder for 40 years and am not ashamed to give my name, bill gribizis