Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Different Take

I knew it was coming - an anonymous poster (I know who it is, though) asked me if I had bothered to ASK why REDSLED was in Special Interest. And I did not post his comment because apparently he has a short in his comprehension skills - he filled it with unfounded personal attacks and hate, and they do not get printed.

He does not seem to understand the difference between exposing a wrong, as opposed to a personal attack. So for his benefit, I will attempt to explain with an analogy: It is not a "personal attack" to say Bernie Madoff cheated a lot of people and was sent to prison for it. Naming him does not make it a personal attack. However, if a person were to say that because of Madoff's evil deed, Madoff is an evil SOB and deserves to have a heart attack (as one blogger did write), then THAT makes it a personal attack. It calls the MAN, not just the deed, evil. And it calls for harm. It also calls him an SOB, which is a personal attack - no need to bring lineage into the fray.

I will not attack a person on a personal level. But I am not opposed to exposing those who knowingly cheat the rest of us. I will not call a person unfounded names, or wish him harm. But I am more than willing to let people know that a wrong has occured, and who is responsible - just as it is made known that a Ponzi scheme was perpetrated by Bernie Madoff. After all, there is no way to correct a wrong unless we know what it is, and who is responsible. If not for that, Madoff would still be a free man, cheating people.

And apparently, the person who sent in the comment missed the entire point about class-jumping.

So I will try to make it simple for him: his "reason" doesn't matter. RedSled is not Special Interest. He does not belong there, any more than I belong in 2x4 Trucks, although technically I could enter in trucks - Chrysler sells the PT on the title as a truck. Originally designed by Plymouth as a panel truck, the PT stood for Plymouth Truck. Chrysler changed it to Panel Truck. When they added windows, they changed it again to Personal Transport. But the title still says it is a truck. Imagine the howls, though, if I tried registering in trucks!

They had a 50's class, and RedSled is a 50's vehicle. That is where he belonged. And if the organizers somehow missed that, and suggested he go into SI, he should have straightened them out. He could have moved - the Mini did, from his class to SI (he also did that at Gorham and at Parsonsfield he moved from his class to SI, saw the competition was tough, and returned to foreign, where he belonged). In any case, RedSled belonged in the 50's class with all the other 50's. Period.

So, one more time for those who do not learn anything easily, if a vehicle does not fit the definition of a class, it should not be in that class. And if there is a class that fits a vehicle better, that is the class it should be in. The RedSled is not unique. Nor is it designed for a unique purpose. It does not follow a specific or unusual theme. Therefore, it is not SI.

I do empathize in that Oxford did not include a Custom class, which is pretty much a standard class at shows. But lacking that class, RedSled is still a 50's vehicle.

If you still do not get it, perhaps you should choose a hobby that you understand better.

And for the record, Mr. "Anonymous", this blog is not a part of the HotKarz website. It is a separate blog, on a separate server (Google) that I created afterward for the specific purpose of providing additional info, insight and a public form so the HotKarz site could remain neutral, and only about Hot Cars. If you do not like what this blog says, then do not read it - enjoy the HotKarz site to your content, but no one forces you to come to this blog. This blog is not HotKarz. It is ABOUT HotKarz. If you want a blog that is bland, causes no controversy, and ignores what is really going on, then write your own, because this is not it.

By the way, I also have not published your LAST two comments of hate and discontent, because you are obviously a very lonely and troubled person, and I do not wish to exploit that. And again, that crap does not get published. If you would like to post something thoughtful, that adds to the conversation without all the vile bile, go ahead. Otherwise, please don't waste your time.

As for "coming over and saying 'HI' to you" at the shows, perhaps I would, if I believed you could drop the BS and hate and give me a REASON to converse with you. But you and I both know that would never happen because your attitude prevents it.

/

1 comment:

Big Mike said...

Well, I was just gonna be quiet, having made my point, but unfortunately, my parents raised me to question......
I would say that the Redsled has just as much business being in s/i as your woody does, and I'll tell you why....
Upon reading this, and having to do some errands this morning, I decided to conduct an experiment. I drove apprximately 2 miles and in that time counted 9 PT Cruisers. 2 were the aforementioned "woody edition" factory jobs.(I know, I know yours isn't one of those, but to the untrained and uninformed they are similar)In this same distance, I saw no sleds. or 49-51 Fords or Mercs period. So, i hate to say it, but I think he has you on unique-ness.
As for theme- You might be able to say that EARLY 50's LEAD SLED coul qualify as a theme. My Rattle-Lac is inspired by old skool kustoms- it is not or will ever be one, due to the year, but I guess you could say that I followed a certain THEME. Theres a 72 Nova that is canary yellow with a tweety bird on the trunk, and usually a stuffed tweety bird on display- another THEME? An 80's Buick Wagon with disco albums on display and a disco ball hanging from the hood- grab your leisure suit, it's a disco THEME! So I would say the whole theme argument just dosen't hold water- you can say almost any car has a theme. The problem isn't the class, it's those who abuse it. Your Woody is unique, due to the ADDITIONS you made to it- A MODIFIED 90's and up car all day long- so heres my point: Oxford (and several other shows) had a
90's and up class- why S/I? Oh, and any body guy will tell you, lambo doors are far from being "mere bolt-on".