Sunday, August 16, 2009

Unanimous

So far, the accolades for the East Auburn Baptist Church Show are unanimous. It sounds like the kind of show that other shows would do well to emulate. I have only heard one minor complaint, about a '57 Chevy that belonged in the 50's but registered in Special Interest. And won! I can understand why folks would have issues with that. Otherwise, it sounds like nearly the perfect show. I hope they keep up the good work in years to come.

Here is just one sample of the letters I have been receiving on this show (it also provides a list of winners):

"Hi Bill,

Well the first East Auburn Baptist Church Car Show was really decent for their first show with only a couple of very minor glitches that they said will be addressed for the next show. there were about 80 cars and trucks that showed up, if not for the date being in conflict with Bethel and Hebron they would have easily had 150 or more cars and trucks. The music was fantastic once the volume was toned down with tunes I have not heard for many years. The food was excellent with burgers and cheese burgers for $1.00, Hot dogs for .50 cents, cold water and soda for .50 cents.

The organizers were asked to contact you for a car show book to help them align classes for next year. I will support this show again................

This years winners were:
Antiques; Steve Thompson
Street Rods; Lee Patenaude
40's; Ken Matthews
50's; Norm Cuzzon
60's; Richard Levesque
70's; Vaughn Estabrook
80's; Tom Carro
90's; No cars
Special Interest; ? 57 Chevy should have been in the 50's class. name, sorry I have CRS
Motorcycles; 2002 Harley ? name, sorry CRS again
4X4 trucks; Bob Read
2X4 trucks; Ralph Greene
Best of Show; Bob Read

That's it, I hope your day went well. Dick Levesque and I went to Hebron's show this afternoon, WOW nice layout, I'll go again

Ken MatthewsPropane Consultants
www.propaneconsultant.com
207-272-4491 Fax. 207-655-3571"

/

No comments: