Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Windham Story

Received another email from a regular show-goer - it is slightly edited, as he asked to remain anonymous. So, I have removed "identifying remarks".

"Hi Bill, Well it finally happened, a show pissed me off. I attended the Windham Auto Show today at Windham High School which is a "judged" event. In my category there were 4 cars. One did not show up until around 10:00. I worked on my car while the others left and enjoyed the show. While it is somewhat anal, I take pride in making my car as competitive as possible. At the awards ceremony, I took 2nd and a late-comer 1st. Here's the rub - the winning car was a mismash, not resembling the class very well. I never saw the engine because the hood was never raised. [Editor: Hint to the organizers - in a judged show, an open hood is a must for serious consideration] To me that usually indicates a problem. Anyway, out of the five or six judges that viewed the cars, I had to practically drag four over to look at mine. One of them, and possibly two, never even looked at it. I hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes as I usually don't complain but this one doesn't feel right. While many cars have a certain amount of customizing to them, this car was clearly not like the other three in the category as it was highly customized, in my opinion. Further, I felt that the judging left something to be desired. It is unlikely that I will attend this car show in the future. If I hear that improvements have been made, I may attend in the future."

[Editor: remember, folks - these comments about Windham are from participants, not HotKarz. However, it is worth noting that these are the same types of complaints, which were many, made last year about this show. We hope - but do not expect - the organizers to try and address these issues. If they do not, even more of the folks will be at the Green next year...]

/

3 comments:

Russ said...

The same thing happened to me last year. I only live 3 miles from the school and I'll never go back to that show. I'm sure others will follow shortly and the Mount Washington Valley Club will continue to be the most gracess host. Russ

Unknown said...

The show flyer stated ,registration from 8 till 11, judging from 11 till 1 pm awards at 230 I wiped my car off at home and didnt go till 10, you only need be there by 11, a buddy didn't make the 11 o'clock dead line and was refused a registration for judging, them were the rules, I do agree you show your car with the hood and trunk open, 11 till 1

ibiz1ibiz2 said...

Received the following from another Windham participant: " I
do not want to go to Windham next year.

What they did different from last year:

They had the food and bathrooms up by the school and not down in the
athletic field.

They had trophies under the trees where it was cooler and there were some tables and chairs set up under a large tent.

It would have been nice if they would do the give-aways and 50/50 sooner. They need to test the microphone, because it was hard to hear them announce the winners.

The food and music were good.

I think they need to consider participant voting"