Monday, September 14, 2009

OOB Update

Received the following email from "Iceman":

"Hi Bill: I just returned from R & W Engraving in Biddeford where I had to pick up a dog ID tag I had ordered and to my surprise, spread out on the counter were 66 Old Orchard Beach Car Show trophies: 22 first place, 22 second place, and 22 third place. The class labels had not been attached so I couldn't tell if any classes were eliminated or added but those of us who wrote letters to the OOB Chamber of Commerce must have had an impact on their decision to eliminate the third place trophies. Bob"

Today I had also spoken with the OOB Chamber of Commerce, personally. According to them, the entry fee at the gate is still $15.00 ($12.00 if you pre-reg). However, they have decided to have three trophies per class, with 22 classes.

So, now ya know!

/

1 comment:

Hiawatha said...

yes!, im so glad they changed their mind, i am going now.

hiawatha out ;)