Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vineyard Church Show

As most of you know, this Saturday is the 3rd annual Vineyard Church Car Show. At first, I was anxious to attend this show, as I had missed it before.

But in looking over the flyer, I have changed my mind, and will not be spending time and money on this, as it seems they have decided to let the show deteriorate to a level that I do not find acceptable. Not that you will, or should, feel the same. This is just my personal opinion, and I will explain why I feel as I do.

In previous years, they had enough on the ball to have had sufficient classes. But that has been cut back. For example:

1) Unless you have a Street Rod or Truck, there is no class for your pre-1950 vehicle.

2) Foreign & Tuners are grouped together - Lord only knows what the thinking is here! Imagine a VW or a Jaguar in among the Tuners - neither group will be content.

3) Custom vehicles will now be lumped in with all other vehicles of their decade. Now just what chance does a stock 55 Ford have against a truly righteous custom 55 Ford?

Yes, they do have a Special Interest class, but I would bet the farm that it will be loaded with vehicles that do not belong in that class, simply because there are so few classes for many vehicles.

This evening, as I enjoyed the huge turn-out at the C.H.O.P. cruise, I heard several folks say they will not attend the Vineyard show this year, because of the screwed up class structure. And after looking over their flyer, I understand.

I realize the show benefits a "good cause" - they all do. But a show that wants to raise money for a cause needs to provide benefit for those who are paying the money. And Vineyard is not doing that this year.

So that gives me another day to get in my supply of cordwood...

If Vineyard decides next year to give more consideration to the folks they are plying for money, and if they clean up their act and actually take some time to build a proper, workable class structure instead of just tossing a few classes together, then I will likely attend, and they can have my time and money, and be welcome to it. If not, I'm sure I can find something else to do.

/

No comments: