Monday, September 29, 2008

Funnel Cake


Today's Shirt: I'm retired - but I work part-time as a pain in the ass

Read the title and you know where I've been :o)

Well, for me the "fair season" is just about over. But I have to wonder about the complete lack of business sense of so many folks working the Fryeburg Fair. Almost every other fair has numerous booths that sell funnel cakes - the Fryeburg Fair only had 4. What is worse: not one of them has a clue how to get the customers. Not a single funnel cake stand had any toppings except sugar and cinnamon. But most folks like their funnel cakes with some maple syrup. So, we went to the SugarHouse and shelled out almost $7.00 for a 1/2 pint of maple syrup for our funnel cakes.

Had a good time, though. The only fair that I like better (and it is MUCH bigger) is the Deerfield (NH) Fair, which we never miss. And THEY sell funnel cakes with all kinds of toppings available - including maple syrup.

Just in case the booths at the New Glouster Fair do not have syrup, please make a note that I will have some, so feel free to stop by and goop up your dough. Assuming, of course, that funnel cakes are even available at that fair.

A lot of you folks have been requesting free copies of "The Complete Car Show". And even hard copies are flying out of here - I'm having a time trying to keep up with them. Please let me know what you think of it. And feel free to offer suggestions on making it even better.

Hope to see y'all in Stratham this weekend. And remember, we may still have some HotKarz shirts available.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job with the book, Bill. We (Xtreme Kreationz) will be referencing it when we do a show!
Big Mike

Anonymous said...

I do not think they had funnel cakes last year at the New Gloucester Fair, dough boys maybe, but a few of us were looking forward to deep fried Oreos. They also had a BBQ. They work hard in trying to make their fair and car show better every year.