Friday, October 3, 2008

Why We Must Defeat Rule 80K

Some folks (not car folks) have asked why they should sign our petition, because they are not involved in restoring cars. To those people, I respond as follows:

Throughout America, in liberal states like MA, CA, CT and NY for example, communities are using a similar rule of civil procedure to strip property owners of any and all rights. They start with land use issues that most residents will not object to, such as "automotive junkyards". They then expand that to include parts we use in our hobby. But they do not stop there - liberals want to rule over every aspect of our lives - they are the "keepers of the flame" for the Nanny State.

In some communities, they have now made it illegal to let your grass grow taller than 1.5 inches. You can be fined if your grass gets taller. They fine you for putting up a fence, or because your fence is 2" over "their" limit. They fine you for putting up a sign for a month that says you have pumpkins for sale, or berries, or whatever. One community even has an ordinance against flying an American flag that exceeds a certain size.

Get this straight - the only reason people pass such ordinances is to gain power over you, the people. So ask yourself - if that is their plan, what makes you think they will stop with YOUR hobby? What makes anyone believe they will not become a victim?

Any Maine resident who does not want to sign a petition to stop this madness should remember that old poem:

"When the Nazis came for the communists,I remained silent;I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.

And when they finally came for me,there was no one left to speak out."

'Nuff said! Let's everyone make at LEAST one copy of this petition, get it FILLED with signatures, and returned to me ASAP.

Thank you.

No comments: