Saturday, September 27, 2008

HotKarz in Winter

Today's Shirt: Paddle faster - I hear banjo music

Over the slow winter months, we are going to try and keep things moving here at HotKarz. Naturally, I will keep this blog going, though I may not be making quite as many entries. But there will be other things to enjoy, such as:

1) We already have someone who plans on a car project, and wants to have a Projects page, where he can post pix and info on his latest "build". We encourage others to also request a Projects page for their own. No need to do anything except email me the pix and info - HotKarz will do the rest

2) I have several hundred pix I have never posted. Some are local pix, but many are not - it is unlikely you have seen many of these righteous vehicles. I will try to put up a different gallery each week.

3) HotKarz will be having a contest. Over the summer I have taken pix of small portions of vehicles. Each week I will post one, and y'all can send in your guess as to the MAKE/MODEL and YEAR of the vehicle the part represents. The first correct guess will win a prize.

4) We would also like to be a central location for you to make plans with others to get together once in awhile during the winter. Anyone can post onto this blog, and invite others to join them for coffee, for example. Include your email address so others can let you know they will participate, so you can all iron out your plans. HotKarz will sponsor one such gathering, in a location that is central to most, such as Freeport ME. Keep checking during the winter to find out where and when.

Aside from all of the above, HotKarz will try to come up with some other ideas, as well, to help keep interest alive. We welcome any suggestions - there are no dummies among you, so I expect some feedback on this (^.^)

I look forward to seeing many of you at either Stratham Hill show, or New Gloucester later this month. I think the last gathering is York on the 19th - not sure if we can make that, but will try.

We still have some HotKarz T's left - catch us early at the Stratham show if you want one (or more). These are nice shirts, and once they are gone, that's it.

See y'all later! Hope you have a nice weekend (despite the weather).

No comments: