Saturday, October 25, 2008

Strange Logic

At the coffee shop this morning, a liberal friend and I were discussing Obama's plan to "spread the wealth". My friend says it is OK for the government to take some of our money and give it to the less fortunate (i.e. less deserving). So I asked, "Why is that OK, when it's not OK for someone who is less fortunate to rob you and say it's because you have more than him, so he is entitled to rob you?"

He was stumped, but only for a couple minutes. Then he finally replied, "The difference, my friend, is that when the government takes your money, it's legal."

Frankly, that makes no difference in my book. If it is virtually the same act, done for the same purpose, then there is no difference. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, rest assured - it's a duck! And stealing my money to give it to someone who has not earned it is still a crime, no matter who does it.

1 comment:

Pretty Woman said...

Just sent Bob the only pic I have of his truck that was taken at the 2005 Frozen Custard show. I believe that was the year it was held at the now Kohl's parking lot as Hodgeman's field was water logged. Tom & Deb, 1988MCSS