Sunday, October 19, 2008

Updates

For those who are interested, we now have the latest gallery up, including the Lion's Club New Gloucester show pix, and the Winner's Circle.

I would like to take a moment to introduce all you fine folks to a creative, new website for Maine car buffs, which is run by a new group called "The Road Scholars". Please take a moment to check it out. You will be able to click to their page from this blog (on the left), and the HotKarz.com home page.

And now I would like to solicit a little bit of help from you folks. It has come to my attention that some of you nuts have some pretty righteous garages. I would very much like to share them with all our readers. So, here's the deal: Just get in touch with me, and set up a time for me to swing by with my camera. I'll take pix, and post them in the GARAGES sections of HotKarz.com. You may set the rules for your page - it can be anonymous (we won't advertise whose garage it is), or you can tell the world, and provide whatever info you wish. You can even get in the pix, if you desire. But please, if you have a garage that includes more than a few oilstains on the floor, and you think others might like to see what you have done, please get in touch. I would like to feature at least one garage each month over the winter.

Today, I had the very distinct pleasure of spending the day in such a garage. I took a lot of pictures that I will be sharing with you shortly - probably later this week. So tune in....

Over the winter, it looks like we HotKarz will be keeping afloat. First, there will be at least one weekly contest (with PRIZES!). Then, we hope to feature a different "garage" each month. And it looks like there will be at least one "projects" page, where someone working on a project vehicle will post pix and info throughout the process. I hope more of you will allow HotKarz to post a project page for your own vehicle "resurrection", either major or minor.

And, of course, I have collected several hundred pix I have never posted, and many that no one has seen, so I will be posting new galleries periodically.

Again, if you have a fine garage, or if you know someone who has, please get in touch. I am willing to travel as far as necessary, pretty much any day of the week (being a lazy, retired SOB, I have lots of time on my hands).

Finally - it seems that at least a couple of folks want to arrange gatherings over the winter, so we can all keep in touch. Hopefully, we can arrange a number of these little "socials" in various parts of Maine, so everyone can get to at least one or two. HotKarz will be sponsoring one such event in January, probably somewhere in the Westbrook area. We will keep you all posted as to when and where. Ours will include giveaways to be raffled off. If you want to put out a call for folks in your area to get together, just let me know, and I will post it, and assist in any way possible.

These "socials" need not be anything fancy - it could be just a morning "brunch" somewhere, or it could be as big a deal as y'all want to make it.

Until then, don't forget to stop in here once in awhile, so ya don't miss anything!

Later,

Bill

No comments: