Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cabin Fever

Yep. That time of year. Though I really did appreciate the short heat wave that melted a lot of the snow, I'm still subject to cabin fever. I am not a winter person.

Can't wait to get back outdoors, working my not-so-puny little butt off. I need the exercise, love the fresh air and long for the sweet smells of spring and summer. Ah-h-h, the smell of car wax and chrome polish!

Actually, I prever the smell of hay, clover and flowers, as well as salt air.

It's almost time to renew my license, and I noticed that, while most men do no voluteer to be organ donors, their wives often talk them into putting it on their license. Women - even after you're dead they want to tear your heart out!

Went to the doctor for the third time in my life. He said I'm the healthiest dying man he's ever seen. He asked what I was doing to keep the COPD from escalating as it normally would. I told him to read my book on Natural Healing. He has scheduled me for some tests, to see if he can find something else to kill me off with.

Have you heard? Dr. Stephen Liggett of the University of Maryland has broken down the genetic code of the 99 rhino viruses that cause the common cold. That means a vaccine may be on the horizon - and that's nothing to sneeze at. Pun intended.

MaCain has come up with a way to pay for the stimulus bill - he's going to request that Obama's cabinet picks all pay their taxes.

The wind has been wicked today! I let the dogs out and a gust came up and rolled two of them across the yard. A trash barrel went flying past the window - without touching the ground.

Well, Happy Valentine's Day, folks! Tomorrow is our anniversary - 9 wonderful years. 9 out of 17 ain't bad. Just kidding - it has been a great 17 years - wish it were longer.

Well, gotta go - putting together a new dBase for the 2009 HotKarz calendar.

/

No comments: