Saturday, February 14, 2009

Curious

This is just out of curiosity.

The new stimulus bill that is putting every family in debt by almost $10,000 will provide those who earn less than $75,000 a year a whopping $13 per week this year, and $8 per year next year.

Here's my question: based on your normal, typical lifestyle, what would YOU do with your $13 a week?

I would really be curious to see how that huge tax credit is going to be able to impact the economy, and stimulate it.

Please let me know by emailing me at ptwoodycrew@aol.com. Feel free to yuk it up, or have some fun with this. And if I post responses, I will do so anonymously, so as not to embarrass anyone.

Just for the record, I don't qualify for that tax credit. But if I did, it would have to be at least $20 a week just to pay my daughter's allowance. For $13, I could get what? A gallon of milk, the daily paper and a morning donut...

Not sure how that would get America out of a recession.

Now another question - Mr Obama got elected by promising a $1000 tax refund/rebate/whatever for every family making less than $250,000. I'm kinda wondering what happened to THAT.

Silly me! I know what happened to it - Pelosi is using it to protect a sea marsh mouse in her district, and Reid is using it for his train set from Vegas to LA.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought mice were considered vermin. And now they are more important than Americans who are hurting. Strange!

/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im going to save mine every week and at the end of the year Im going to buy $676.00 worth of modifications for my Caddy (or whatever I'm rollin' in then)! Man Obama wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to give us "change" (for a $20, apparently!)

You don't have to post me as "anonymous" I don't care!