Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Of Humor, Wolves & Caring

It seems some good folks take me too seriously, which is almost always a mistake :o) In an earlier post I mentioned, in jest, that HotKarz is in the hole. At the cruise this evening, two wonderful people tried donating funds. Of course, I had to graciously refuse.

While it is true that HotKarz loses money like a washing machine loses socks, there is no cause for concern. The Good Lord blesses us in many ways, and more than we have any right to expect. The only wolves at my door are the ones chasing my 17 year old daughter, and she handles them very well.

So, though I do thank those folks from the bottom of my spleen (my heart is taken), please worry not. And may the Good Lord bless you at least as well as He blesses us.

And speaking of blessings, I have a great favor to ask of you all. As you may know, we stayed with wonderful friends in Pittsburg for the Moose Festival - David & Rachel McClane. They are among the best people we have ever known - kind, generous, thoughtful and always ready to smile or laugh. But they are not laughing tonight. When we got home, we had a message from David that really shook our world. It seems that Rachel's doctor has found what appears to be a malignant tumor.

We are asking for your prayers for both David & Rachel. And we hope that you will help provide strength by letting them know they are in your prayers by sending them a brief email with your wishes. Knowing David & Rachel as I do, seeing such support will give them the strength they will need over the coming months.

If you would like to send your wishes, simply email them at davidamcclane@yahoo.com and tell them you are friends of "BJ" (that's me). And may God bless you for caring.

Thanx!

Bill

No comments: