Monday, September 7, 2009

Upcoming

The coming weekend can be a busy one. In addition to the show in Bangor on Saturday, many of you may want to head on over (or down) to Five Points shopping center in Biddeford for the huge "Cruisin' 2009" cruise hosted by Maine Coastal Cruisers. they only have two of these in a season, and they are great! MCC really knows how to put on a cruise - it's the cruise that many of us consider to be the best of them all. This is the last one of the season - don't miss it. At least as big, and as much fun as the weekly cruise at C.H.O.P. on Tuesdays which, as a reminder, now starts at 5pm.

On Sunday it is the now famous "battle of the shows", between the Windham school show and Settler's Green in North Conway. It's a tough choice for some. Having never been to the Mt Washington Valley Old Car Club show at Settler's Green, I think we will be going there this year. Particularly since we were unimpressed with the Windham show last year. It's hard to go to any show without hearing someone point out the blatant problems they experienced with the Windham judging. After all, do you recall which vehicle managed to take Best of Show?

In any case, regardless of which show you choose, have a good time.

/

1 comment:

RB Scott said...

Oh, Oh No SI Class?? The PT was outclassed by several other vehicles and would not have one anyway. The altercation was really stupid but some people get offended when you call them a CHEAT. Myself included. I had a situation arise when I placed my Purple SSR in SI? It is unique and I have a theme. I am a 100%, Combat Related, Service Connected Veteran and proudly advocate the Wounded Warrior Efforts and do my part volunteering. To be called a "Cheat" is very demeaning to me but I will not go to fisti-cuffs over it. I just consider the source. I go to the shows not to win trophies but to enjoy the fellowship and comraderie. I have (2) show vehicles, SSR and a GT 500 Shelby Convertible and do not win. I take it in stride. I will continue to show regardless. I watched the Judges at Shaws Ridge and they went over every car awarding points, etc. If I wanted to "CHEAT" the GT500 has a Florida Disabled Veterans Plate, Fl being our primary residence and could have said I drove it from Florida and got the furthest driven award. Not me.I am too proud of my Military accomplishments to "CHEAT"
RB Scott p.s I bought the Show Book. It is a good guide, if it only were followed by entrants and Show powers that be.